SW Series Seawater Desalination Reverse Osmosis Membrane Elements are aromatic polyamide composite membrane elements suitable for seawater desalination. The seawater RO membrane elements increase the water production by optimizing the structure of the RO membrane. Under the same water production requirements, the number of desalination RO membrane elements used is reduced, and the operating pressure is low. The equipment investment is small, the desalination performance is good and stable. In particular, high desalination rate of seawater RO membrane elements can ensure that the seawater can obtain drinking water and industrial water after the first-level reverse osmosis. The seawater RO membrane elements are suitable for the treatment of seawater and high-concentration brackish water.
|Effective Membrane Area ft²(m²)||12(1.1)||800(3.02)||28(2.6)||80(7.4)||380(35.2)|
|Average Water Production GPD(m³/d)||250(0.95)||750(2.84)||600(2.3)||1600(6.1)||6800(25.7)|
|Stabilized Desalination Rate %||99.5||99.5||99.5||99.5||99.7|
|Minimum Desalination Rate %||99.3||99.3||99.3||99.3||99.5|
|Membrane Media||Aromatic Polyamide|
|Test Pressure||800psi (5.5MPa)|
|Test Water Temperature||25℃|
|PH Value of Test sSolution||7.5|
|Test Solution Concentration (NaCl)||32800ppm|
|Recovery Rate of Single RO Element||8% (Model: 8040/4040/2540)|
|4% (Model: 4021/2521|
● Seawater RO elements are high and stable desalination rate
● Seawater RO membrane are high pressure resistance and anti-pollution
● Suitable for desalination of raw water with a salt content of 15000-40000ppm
● Widely used in seawater desalination and high-salt wastewater reuse treatment
● Desalination RO elements work in low operating pressure, saving RO system cost
● Seawater desalination
● Industrial water treatment
● Landfill leachate treatment
● Power plant boiler make-up water
● Food and drug wastewater recycling
● Desalination of high-concentration brackish water
Seawater RO Menbrane Element Operating Limits and Conditions
|Production floating range||±15%|
|Maximum feed water temperature||45℃|
|Maximum feed water SDI15||5|
|Maximum influent turbidity NTU||1|
|Maximum residual chlorine concentration||0.1ppm|
|Maximum Operating pressure||1000psi(6.9Mpa)|
|Maximum pressure drop of single membrane element||10psi(0.07Mpa) - Model: 4021/2521|
|15psi(0.1Mpa) - Model: 8040/4040/2540|
|PH value range of feed water during continuous operation||3~10|
|PH value range of feed water during chemical cleaning||2 ~12|
|Maximum feed water flux||6gpm(1.4m³/h) - Model: 2521, 2540|
|16gpm(3.6 m³/h) - Model: 4021, 4040|
|75gpm(17m³/h) - Model: 8040|
Drawing Sizes of SW Series Seawater Reverse Osmosis Membrane Elements
What Are The Advantages of Seawater Desalination RO Membrane Elements?
● Seawater desalination membrane is suitable for desalination of seawater and high-concentration brackish water. It has the characteristics of good and stable desalination performance and low operation and maintenance cost, which can ensure that drinking water can be obtained from seawater by first-level osmosis. By improving the structure of RO membrane elements, the water production can also be increased, thus reducing the number of membrane elements used and effectively reducing equipment investment.
● Due to the high salt content of seawater and various impurities, the seawater desalination membrane must have the characteristics of high desalination rate, corrosion resistance, high pressure resistance, anti-pollution, etc. The salt content of seawater treated by reverse osmosis membrane is greatly reduced , TDS content rises from 36000 mg/L to about 200 mg/L, and the water quality after desalination is even better than tap water.
● Seawater RO element has super high desalination rate, not only good desalination performance but also high water production, and low maintenance cost, which can save a lot of cost. The desalination rate of general seawater desalination is as high as 99.2% or more.
SW Series Seawater
Desalination RO Membrane Elements
|Membrane Element Diameter||Length of Membrane Element|
|HT||SW||25: 2.5"||21: 21"|
|40: 4"||40: 40"|
Hongtek - SW Series Seawater Desalination RO Membrane Elements - Diameter: 4" - Length: 40"