The CIP (clean in place) system does not need to disassemble or move the device, and uses high-temperature, high-concentration cleaning agents to clean the containers, pipes, pumps, filters, and equipment of the entire production line in the food and beverage production. The cleaning process of the CIP system generally uses process water pre-flushing, alkaline cleaner cleaning, process water flushing, acid cleaner cleaning and process water flushing in sequence.
The process water in food and beverage usually comes from the purified water filtered by the RO system. Because the RO system has high requirements for influent water, a pre-filter device will be installed upstream of it. The equipment of the pre-filtration device generally chooses Stainless Steel Cartridge Filter Housings and the filter consumables usually choose High Flow Pleated Filters, Melt Blown Cartridges or String Wound Cartridges of 5 micron.
Process Water Flushing
The main purpose of using process water to flush is to wash away the production raw material residues on the equipment and to flush out alkaline and acid cleaning agents. When performing pre-rinsing, the proper temperature should be selected for the rinse according to the characteristics of the residue. When washing alkaline or acidic cleaning agents, temperature of the process water is generally maintained at 60-80 degrees Celsius to improve cleaning efficiency.
Alkaline Cleaner Cleaning
The main purpose of the alkaline cleaner is to remove the residual fat and protein on the equipment through the saponification reaction. Alkaline cleaners are usually formulated with a concentration of 1-2%. In the process of cleaning equipment and devices, the temperature of the cleaner is generally maintained at 60-80 degrees Celsius, which can improve its ability to clean dirt.
Acid Cleaner Cleaning
The main purpose of the acid cleaning agent is to dissolve the mineral deposits on the surface of the equipment, such as calcium and magnesium deposits. Acidic cleaning agents are usually formulated with a concentration of 0.5-1%. When cleaning equipment and devices, the temperature of acidic cleaning agents is the same as that of alkaline cleaning agents, usually maintained at 60-80 degrees Celsius.
CIP Operation Precautions
1. The greater the adsorption force of the contaminants or residues and the surface of the equipment, the rougher the surface of the equipment and the more difficult it is to clean, so the equipment with a smooth surface is usually selected;
2. Generally speaking, the longer the cleaning time, the better the effect, but in industrial production, the production efficiency must be ensured. Therefore, it is usually sufficient to clean the equipment 2-3 times.
3. In order to remove protein substances without changing the properties, the pre-rinsing needs to be carried out at a suitable temperature, and the temperature of the subsequent cleaning agent rinsing and washing is generally maintained at 60-80 degrees Celsius.
4. The concentration of alkaline cleaning agents is generally formulated to be 1-2%, the concentration of acidic cleaning agent is usually formulated to be 0.5-1%, and the spray pressure of process water or cleaning agent is generally maintained below 0.5MPa.
5. The function of the cleaning ball is to spray the washing liquid and the washing liquid to all parts of the equipment. The liquid film formed by the sprayed lotion and the falling lotion soaks the entire surface and produces a chemical cleaning effect. The cleaning ball should be installed in a reasonable position to prevent fluid from entering the cleaning ball and blocking the nozzle hole.
6. The ideal stat of the pipe connection is all welded. The pipeline installation should be made as steep as possible, so that the liquid in the pipe can be self-discharged by gravity, and at the same time, it can prevent the formation of bubbles and prevent the fluid form contacting the surface to be cleaned.
CIP Cleaning Verification Standards
1. After CIP treatment, the production capacity of the equipment is significantly improved;
2. While the hygiene index reaches the standard, it cannot cause the improvement of other indexes of the product;
3. The cleaned surface is bright, no water, no dirt, when water flows through the surface, there are not too many traces of water;
4. Fresh, no peculiar smell, slight smell is allowed for special processing or special stages, but does not affect the quality and safety of the final product.
5.When touching the surface with fingers, there is no greasy and rough feeling. The surface is repeatedly wiped with a brand new white paper towel, without stains and discoloration.