FRP filter housings are mainly made of glass fiber and epoxy resin materials. Due to their acid and alkali resistance and high corrosion resistance, they are often used instead of stainless steel filter housings in the filed of liquid filtration with high salt content, such as reverse osmosis pre-filtration of seawater and brackish water desalination, etc. If you want to maintain the high filtration efficiency of the FRP filtration system, its installation and replacement is one of the key steps. Let's see how the FRP filter housing is installed and replaced.
What Types of FRP Cartridge Filter Housing Hongtek Supply?
In order to be suitable for different requirements of flow rate and floor space or to improve the flexibility of the filtration system design, the FRP cartridge filter housing we provide can be installed with 5pcs, 12pcs or 22pcs Melt Blown Filters of 20inches, 30inches or 40inches.
FRP Cartridge Filtration System Installation and Replacement Guide
The FRP filtration system is generally composed of a 5 round, 12 round or 22 round cartridge filter housing directly, or a combination of multiple 5 round, 12 round or 22 round cartridge filter housing in parallel. Their installation and replacement steps are similar. Let's take a look at how to properly install and replace the FRP filtration system.
1) First check whether the specifications of the FRP filter housing meet the requirements, and ensure that the surface of the filter housing is not damaged and that all parts can be used normally. Then open the cover of the housing, take out the exhaust valve, pressure gauge, fixed pressure plate and other parts in the housing, and install the pressure gauge, exhaust valve, drain valve on the filter housing;
2) Stop the operation of the filtration system, and close the upstream inlet valve and downstream outlet valve of the FRP filter housing tightly. If you install a single FRP filter housing, directly connect the inlet and outlet flange/clamp/thread to the inlet and outlet pipe and fix it. If you install multiple FRP filter housing, you need to assemble multiple filters in parallel, and then connect and fix the flanges/clamps/threads of the housing inlet/outlet to the inlet/outlet pipes respectively;
3) If the melt blown cartridge is installed, rinse the inside of the FRP filter housing with water directly, then drain the water in the housing through the drain port, and then close the drain valve tightly. If you want to replace the melt blown filter cartridge, you need to open the exhaust valve on the top of the filter housing first, and after the housing is depressurized, open the cover of the FRP filter housing, take out the melt blown cartridge filter that needs to be replaced, and then rinse the inside of the housing with clean water. After the sewage is drained through the drain outlet, close the drain valve tightly;
4) Remove the packaging film of the Melt Blown Filter Cartridge, hold one end of the melt blown cartridge by hand and insert the cartridge vertically through the hole of the filter housing positioning plate into the sealing groove at the bottom. After all the filter cartridges are installed, cover the pressure plate so that the pressure plate completely blocks the top of the filter cartridge, and then tighten the nut to fix the pressure plate;
5) Cover the top cover of the FRP filter housing, and tighten the swing bolt to make the completely fixed on the filter housing to achieve sealing effect;
6) Start the FRP filter system, slightly open the water inlet valve upstream of the filter housing, let the liquid enter the housing, until the liquid fills the filter housing and overflows from the exhaust port, close the exhaust valve;
7) Slowly open the inlet valve upstream of the housing until it is fully opened, and then slowly adjust the inlet valve upstream of the FRP filter housing until the pressure difference between upstream and downstream of the housing reaches the initial pressure difference of the melt blown filter cartridge.
Precaustions for FRP Cartridge Filtration System Installation and Replacement
1) When installing pressure gauges, drain valves, exhaust valves/relief valves, and connecting inlet/outlet flanges, make sure that there is no liquid leakage at the connections, otherwise the efficiency of the FRP filtration system will be reduced;
2) When installing the FRP filter housing, make sure that the inlet/outlet flange of the housing and the inlet/outlet pipe are installed and connected in the correct direction, otherwise it will cause irreversible damage to the melt blown filter cartridge;
3) When the flow difference between the upstream and downstream flow meters of the housing or the pressure gauge is greatly reduced in a short time, the filter cartridge in the housing may be damaged. The system should be shut down in time to check the integrity of the filter cartridge;
4) When replacing the Melt Blown Cartridge Filter, it is necessary to open the exhaust valve/relief valve on the top of the housing to relieve the pressure of the housing, and then open the cover to replace the filter cartridge. Otherwise, the operator may be injured due to excessive pressure inside the housing;
5) When the pressure difference value of the pressure gauge upstream and downstream of the housing reaches the required replacement pressure difference of the melt blown cartridge filter, the filter cartridge should be replaced in time to avoid that the liquid flow cannot meet the requirements of the system and reduce the working efficiency of the filtration system.