The stainless steel high flow filtration system is mainly composed of High Flow Filter Cartridges and stainless steel filter housings. After a long time of use, the high flow filter cartridge in the stainless steel filter housing will be blocked by particles. In order to maintain a high filtration effect of the filtration system, it must be replace with new high flow cartridge filter. Different types of high flow filters and stainless steel filter housings have different installation and replacement steps. Let's learn about the types of stainless steel filter housing and how to install and replace the high flow filtration system correctly.
What are the Types of Stainless Steel High Flow Filter Housing?
High flow stainless steel filter housings can be divided into vertical type and horizontal type according to the installation direction. According to the pressure direction of the high flow filter cartridge, it can also be divided into inside to outside and outside to inside flow direction type . They have an impact on the design and installation of the filtration system and the replacement and types selection of the high flow filter.
1. Vertical and Horizontal High Flow Filter Housing
In the design process of the high flow filtration system, the choice of vertical or horizontal high flow filter housing is mainly determined by the actual use space area, the difficulty of installing and replacing of the high flow cartridge filter. The installation and replacement of vertical and horizontal high flow filtration systems are different, and should be operated correctly and properly according to their instructions for use.
2. Inside to Outside and Outside to Inside Flow Direction Type High Flow Filter Housing
The type of high flow filter cartridge installed in the inside to outside or outside to inside flow direction type high flow filter housing is different. Generally, HONGTEK provides the high flow filter for installation in the inside to outside flow direction type stainless steel filter housing is the HF Series High Flow Filter Cartridge, which is specially designed to replace the PALL Ultipleat series element. The high flow cartridge filter installed in the outside to inside flow direction type filter housing are mainly MF Series / MP Series high flow filter cartridge (replacing 3M Cuno 700 &740 Series), PF Series / HFP Series / PFG Series high flow filter (replace PARKER Fulflo Megaflow & MaxGuard Series) and AP Series high flow cartridge filter (replace PENTAIR Aqualine Series).
How to Install a High Flow Filter Housing and Replace a High Flow Filter Cartridge?
When the value of the pressure gauge of the high flow filtration system reaches the high flow filter cartridges that it is recommended to replace the differential pressure or lower than the initial differential pressure, and the value of the flow meter is lower than the water requirement of the system or higher than the maximum flow of the filter cartridge, the new high flow filter should be replaced in time. The steps to properly install the high flow filter housing and replace the high flow cartridge filters are as follow:
1) Before install a high flow filter housing, ensure that the stainless steel filter housing is compatible with the filtrate and that the filter housing can withstand the operating temperature and pressure requirements of the filtration system;
2) Take out and save the exhaust valve, drain valve, pressure gauge, pressure plate and other parts in the high flow filter housing, close the filter cover, then install the exhaust valve, drain valve and pressure gauge, and open the exhaust valve and drain valve;
3) Make sure that the stainless steel filter housing is in a shutdown state, close the inlet valve upstream and the outlet valve downstream of the filter housing, and connect and fix the inlet flange and inlet pipe, and outlet flange and outlet pipe respectively;
4) When installing a high flow filter, directly rinse the inside of the stainless steel filter housing with clean water. After the water in the filter housing is drained from the sewage outlet, close the drain valve. When replacing the High Flow Cartridge Filter, first open the exhaust valve to relieve pressure on the filter housing, open the cover of the stainless steel filter housing, take out the high flow cartridge filter that needs to be replaced, and the rinse the inside of the filter housing with clean water until the sewage is drained, close the drain valve;
5) Open the packaging bag of the high flow filter cartridge, wet the sealing ring with suitable lubricant, then hold the handle at one end of the high flow filter by hand, install the filter cartridge into the stainless steel filter housing and ensure that the sealing ring is in full and tight contact with the sealing ring groove of the filter housing;
6) If there is a pressure plate, put the pressure plate first, tighten the pressure plate nut to fix it, cover the cover of the high flow filter housing and tighten the blot/clamp;
7) Start the high flow filtration system, slightly open the water inlet valve upstream of the stainless steel filter housing, let the liquid enter and fill the high flow filter housing, until the liquid overflows from the exhaust port, close the exhaust valve;
8) Slowly open the outlet valve downstream of the high flow filter housing until it is fully opened, and then slowly adjust the inlet valve upstream of the stainless steel filter housing until the pressure difference between the upstream and downstream of the filter housing reaches the initial pressure differential specified by the high flow filter cartridge.
What precautions are there during installation and replacement of high flow filtration systems?
1) Ensure that there is no leakage at the connection of the drain valve, exhaust valve, pressure gauge, and inlet/outlet flange of the stainless steel filter housing, otherwise it will affect the filtration effect;
2) When replacing the High Flow Filter, the exhaust valve must be opened first to relieve the pressure of the stainless steel filter housing, otherwise it may cause danger to the operator due to the excessive pressure inside the filter housing;
3) When installing the stainless steel filter housing, the inlet/outlet flange of the filter housing must be correctly connected with the inlet/outlet pipe. If the installation is wrong, the high flow filtration system will not be able to achieve the filtration effect, and it will also cause irreversible damage to the high flow cartridge filter;
4) When installing or replacing the high flow filter cartridge, the sealing ring of the filter cartridge must be in complete contact with the sealing groove of the stainless steel filter housing, and the sealing ring should not be exposed or damaged, otherwise, liquid leakage may occur due to poor sealing effect, resulting in a decrease in the filtration efficiency of the filtration system.