ULP Series Ultra-low Pressure Industrial RO Membrane Elements are made of polyamide composite membrane materials, and operate at ultra-low pressure. The industrial RO membrane elements can achieve the required water production and high desalination rate under the ultra-low pressure condition. The ultra-low pressure RO membrane operating pressure is 2/3 times of that of the conventional composite membrane, thereby reducing the investment costs of related pumps, pipelines, containers and other equipment and the operating costs of the reverse osmosis system, and improving economic benefits. ULP series RO membrane elements are suitable for water sources with a salt content of less than 2000ppm, such as the desalination of surface water, groundwater, tap water and municipal water etc..
|Effective Membrane Area ft²(m²)||14(1.3)||30(2.8)||36(3.3)||36(3.3)||90(8.4)||90(8.4)||400(37.2)||400(37.2)|
|Average Water Production GPD(m³/d)||300(1.13)||750(2.84)||850(3.2)||1000(3.8)||1900(7.2)||2400(9.1)||10000(37.8)||11200(42.3)|
|Stabilized Desalination Rate %||99.0||99.0||99.4||99.0||99.4||99.0||99.5||99.0|
|Minimum Desalination Rate %||98.5||98.5||99||98.5||99||98.5||99||98.5|
|Membrane Media||Aromatic Polyamide|
|Test Pressure||100psi (0.69MPa)|
|Test Water Temperature||25℃|
|PH Value of Test sSolution||7.5|
|Test Solution Concentration (NaCl)||500ppm|
|Recovery Rate of Single RO Element||15% (Model: 8040/4040/2540)|
|8% (Model: 4021/2521）|
● Effectively save the cost of pumps, pipelines and pressure vessels
● The ultra-low pressure RO membrane greatly reduce operating costs
● The industrial RO elements are suitable for small and medium water purification systems
● The RO membrane elements are used for desalination of raw water with lower salt concentration
● The industrial RO membrane elements are suitable for water sources with a salt content of less than 2000ppm
● RO membrane elements are high water flux and high salt rejection rate under lower operating pressure conditions
● Water reuse
● Boiler make-up water
● Pure water equipment
● Pharmaceutical manufacturing
● Food and beverage production
RO Menbrane Elements Operating Limits and Conditions
|Production floating range||±15%|
|Maximum feed water temperature||45℃|
|Maximum feed water SDI15||5|
|Maximum influent turbidity NTU||1|
|Maximum residual chlorine concentration||0.1mg/L|
|Maximum Operating pressure||600psi(4.14Mpa)|
|Maximum pressure drop of single membrane element||15psi(0.1Mpa)|
|PH value range of feed water during continuous operation||3~10|
|PH value range of feed water during chemical cleaning||2 ~12|
|Maximum feed water flux||1.4 m³/h (Model: 2521, 2540)|
|3.6 m³/h (Model: 4021, 4040)|
|17 m³/h (Model: 8040)|
Drawing Sizes of ULP Series Industrial RO Membrane Elements
Installation of Reverse Osmosis Membrane Elements
● Carefully remove the industrial reverse osmosis membrane from the package and check that the brine seal ring on the industrial reverse osmosis membrane or the small arrow on it is in the correct position and orientation.
● Push one end of the industrial reverse osmosis membrane without the brine seal through the inlet end of the pressure vessel until the membrane element is exposed about 30cm outside the inlet end of the pressure vessel. Lubricate the brine seal.
● Take the second industrial reverse osmosis membrane out of the package again, make sure that the "O" ring on the permeate end of the membrane does not fall off, and align the end of the reverse osmosis membrane without the sealing ring with the first element (fix the first element Branch RO reverse osmosis membrane). Rotate to the right, the two marks on the end face become a straight line, when a click is heard, it means that the two membrane elements are fixed, the two membrane elements are fixed to the second push it into the pressure vessel . It is exposed about 30cm outside the inlet end of the pressure vessel, and other components are installed in the same way.
● Install a thrust ring at the concentrate end of the pressure vessel to prevent the reverse osmosis membrane from being over squeezed and damaged.
● When installing the end cap, carefully inspect the "O" ring of the component adapter, apply lubricant, then insert the adapter into the concentrate end plate and connect to the external pipe, to make the connection, the end plate must be carefully placed on the The purge end of the pressure vessel and align the concentrate end plate assembly with the assembly fitting. Press parallel to the pressure vessel.
● Rotate the concentrate end plate assembly to adjust to fit the external connecting tubing.
● Install end plate snap rings or screws according to the pressure vessel manufacturer's schematics.
● Push the RO membrane from the feed side to the retentate side until the first installed RO membrane is in firm contact with the retentate end plate.
● Repeat the above steps to connect reverse osmosis membranes to each pressure vessel and connect all external water inlets, concentrate and water generation pipes.
|Hongtek||ULP Series Ultra-low Pressure RO Elements||Membrane Element Diameter||Length of Membrane Element||Membrane Type|
|HT||ULP||25: 2.5"||21: 21"||HR: High Desalination Rate|
|40: 4"||40: 40"||HF: High Flow Rate|
Hongtek - ULP Series RO Membrane Element - Diameter: 8" - Length: 40"- High Desalination Rate