PPH Filter Housing is made of PP reinforced polypropylene material, which is integrally injection-molded, without welding, no side leakage, easy to install and maintain. The choice of PPH filter housing is mostly due to the particularity of liquid, strong acid, strong alkali, high temperature, and highly corrosive liquids, and traditional stainless steel filter housing materials are not suitable for application. Now PPH filter housing are widely used in industrial seawater desalination systems, chemical industry filtration, RO pre-filtration systems, power plant water treatment, electroplating solution filtration etc..
If you also have the interest about the PPH plastic filter housing, below are 7 points you need to know:
I. How Does PPH Plastic Filter Housing Work：
First pressurize the liquid into the filter housing. The filtered liquid flows in from the piping on the upper part of the housing, and then flows from the inside to the outside of the filter bag, and the solids are intercepted. The housing is made of pp reinforced polypropylene, the pressure resistance is 0.8Mpa, the maximum temperature for continuous use is 60℃, and the maximum temperature for instantaneous use is 80℃, with excellent durability. In addition, the filter bag can be replaced without tools, and the filter is easy to operate.
1. Top sealing: The sealing ring is located on the top of the housing body, so that when opening and closing the cover, the sealing ring is not directly subjected to torque force, but is first pressed by the locking bracelet on the sealing cover, and then the sealing cover is vertically applied to the sealing ring.
2. New formula for UV protection: FDA grade virgin polypropylene chips for integral injection molding with UV protection additives. This new formula effectively protects the housing from the damage of ultraviolet rays in the sun, which is conducive to long-term outdoor installation and usage.
3. Customized color: Customers can specify any housing color they want. The minimum quantity for customized colors is 50pcs.
III. The Standard Configuration:
PPH Housing body, PPH cover, PP basket, PP fixed ring, Fluororubber sealing ring.
IV. Equipment Transportation:
1. PPH Filter Housing is made of integral injection molding of all polypropylene, which is fragile. Violent loading and unloading should be avoided. For bulk order transportation, we recommend to use non-fumigation wooden case.
2. The PPH material is a flammable material. No fireworks near the product
3. The housing is packed in a shockproof packing box, and it is allowed to be placed vertically or horizontally during transportation. When moving the housing that has been used, be sure to drain the liquid in the housing before moving it upright.
V. Equipment Installation
1. The unique sealing design of the PPH filter housing can effectively play a sealing role under the rated operating pressure. Please be careful not to screw the cover too tight, otherwise it may not only cause the cover to crack, but also damage the sealing ring
2. Flange Connection: standard flange bolt hole distance (China/America/Japan/Germany standard are available), easy installation.
3. Sealing ring: Be sure to install the sealing ring before use. To ensure sealing performance, be sure to use qualified sealing o-ring.
4. Accessories: pressure gauge and exhaust valve are necessary accessories for safe operation. If the user does not purchase these necessary accessories from us, the user must purchase qualified accessories and install them correctly before using the filter housing.
5. Cover Installation: Place the cover flat on the top of the housing so that the internal thread of the sealing cap engages with the external thread of the housing and then start to tighten. Do not try to tighten the thread of the locking sealing cap and the thread of the housing body forcibly before they are properly engaged, otherwise the threads of the sealing cover and the housing body will be misaligned, the sealing ring can not be pressed and the housing can not be sealed.
6. Exhaust valve installation: the exhaust valve should be installed on the top of the housing cover. It is important to pay attention to the correct installation of the exhaust valve. Failure to install or incorrectly install the exhaust valve will directly lead to serious safety accidents.
7. Pressure gauge installation: The inlet pressure gauge of the filter can be installed on the top of the housing cover. Be sure to pay attention to the correct installation of the pressure gauge. Failure to install or install incorrectly will directly lead to serious safety accidents.
VI. Housing Washing
Before the first use, the inside of the housing must be thoroughly rinsed with hot water and dried with compressed air to ensure that the dust accumulated during transportation is removed. The same steps can be taken for regular cleaning afterwards.
VII. Replace Filter Consumables
For safety reasons, operators must strictly abide by the following operating procedures
1. Close the system: shut down and lock the water pump, close the inlet and outlet valve.
2. Pressure relief: the exhaust valve port must face a safe direction to avoid hurting people by high-pressure liquid flow. Slowly open the exhaust valve to vent the pressure inside the housing.
3. Open the housing cover: you must wait until the internal pressure of the housing drops to zero, then slowly unscrew the cover and open it.
4. Remove the used filter bag. Pay attention to dispose of filter consumables in accordance with government regulation.
5. Check the basket: check the roundness and open flange of the basket. The open flange must be able to snap evenly along the wall of the housing. Attention: filtration operation without or incorrectly installed basket will lead to adverse accidents.
6. Replacing filter bag: filter bag must be fully loaded into the basket before use.
7. Check the sealing ring: correctly select the sealing ring that matches the material requirements of the filtration operation. Always replace worn sealing o-ring with qualified o-ring.
8. Close the housing cover: place the housing cover flat on the top of the housing body, make the internal thread of the housing cover engage with the external thread of the housing body, and then start to tighten.
9. Open the inlet valve, keep the pressure relief valve open, and start the pump: slowly open the inlet valve, and pay special attention to whether there is leakage. If leakage occurs, shut off valves and pumps immediately and return to step 8.
10. Close the pressure relief valve when fluid is observed to begin dripping from the pressure relief valve port. Be sure to cover the relief valve with a cup to prevent splashing.
11. Open the outlet valve.